Monday, July 11, 2005

July Fourth weekend trip

Paul and I hit the road for the holiday weekend to visit my family in Atlanta. Thanfully the roadtrip part was pretty easy - we took a slightly different route that kept us off I-95 and off I-85 in downtown Atlanta (i.e. 40/85 to Greensboro, 85S to Charlotte, 77S to Columbia and 20W to Conyers and then A LOT of backroads).

We spent some quality time with the 'rents and their foster/adopted kitty, "Raleigh." (can you tell they miss NC?) Raleigh is an inside cat (being that he is declawed and recent attacked by something...), but he gets a few hours of outside time every day to watch the birds and nap...



The highlight of the trip (besides all the food) was going down to Jackson Lake for the day. My uncle Russ has a very nice boat and he was kind enough to drive us around the lake on Saturday afternoon (NO STORMS! can you believe it?! I'm a storm magnet down on the lake!)

Eric and Bron on the boat (did I mention is was hot as blazes out there?)


For some reason I just didn't take many pictures until after dinner (which was at an interesting little place on the lake where you pull up the boat, tie it up and walk right on in). Random 'nightshot' pictures:

Miranda on the boat


Lights on the water


Ghost, I mean, goat island


Dad and his catfish - who thankfully was thrown back


It was a great day... and sadly the boathouse has been flooded by rains from Cindy & Dennis. Hopefully, they will be able to fix it up for use the rest of the summer.

No comments: