Tuesday, April 22, 2008

American Idol - Andrew Lloyd Webber night

Seriously! So we've had 2 weeks of Beetles, Dolly Parton, Mirah Carey ... why not?!

Ok, so, why I am blogging about it at this hour (it's my bedtime, ya know?!)? I have to because my parents purchased the piano songbook of Andrew Lloyd Webber's most beloved songs for me to learn in middle school and I've got some ALW favorites so I was quite entertained by tonight's performances. Although I will say that no one sang one of my favorites, "Tell Me on a Sunday." [sigh] I think Brook could have rocked it.

It was ok; nothing rocked my socks. Before I head to bed I must play a few of my favorite ALW tunes on the piano, and I'm sure I'll be humming them tomorrow!

2 comments:

Becky said...

we caught up on idol last night (thank you, dvr!), and i enjoyed the songs, but i'm like you, no one was really awesome. though i was impressed that david cook could pull off that kind of song.
on the other hand, kev and i were upset that carly got the ax--are you KIDDING me? i'm so tired of jason castro--compared to the others that are left, the talent is just not there. grr!

Marie Shaddix said...

Wish I was there to hear you play! Raleigh meow'd hello! He is humming the tunes now....

Love you!