Friday, February 17, 2006

Today's goodness makes up for the rest of the week

Whew! It is Friday and I cannot be more happy that it is the end of the week. It's been longer and more painful than I thought. The pain part comes from working on a 1000+ mailing project I am doing for the marketing of a program. OUCH! I've had to fold, label, stuff and seal until I can no longer see straight! Thankfully I did figure out, and fix, the instant letter folder after folding about 300 pieces by hand. That was a great relief!

Ok, so on to the "good things" of the week:

1. Sunrises every morning this week. I may leave the house at 6:30am, but I get to see some amazing sunrises and moonsets. I love seeing the light peek above the horizon as I get closer to downtown, with the fog around the buildings and the color of the sky goes from dark purple to pink to a firey orange. I know spring is coming b/c the sun greets me a little earlier every morning.

2. [this is a total girl thing] I put on a fresh washed AND DRIED pair of jeans and low-and-behold, they are BIG. Girls, this NEVER happens! You know how you watch the time on the dryer to make sure your favorite jeans don't get overdried and shrunk? Ok, well, I do. So, it was a delightful moment to pull up my jeans and BAM! They are almost too big! It was a wonderful moment. Paul kinda understood my elation as I jumped up and down and pulled at the waist to show how much room there was!

3. This time next week we'll be on the road to Asheville! We are going to Homecoming and cannot wait! Meeting up with the gals (and of course some of Paul's fraternity brothers) and talking about old times! Next Friday is the "Open House" for the 'New Hall' building where the history department will be located. I am *SO* there!

4. We needed new stamps and thus I made my way to the nice little Post Office in Cameron Village (which by the way, do not even consider going there after 9am until close, it is INSANE! BUT if you get there right at 8am when they open, it is all good - and walking is the best way b/c there are like 3 parking spaces, 2 of which are handicapped.) The stamps are a "good thing" b/c they had the MOST AWESOME, CUTE, ADOREABLE stamps I have EVER seen! (or that could be the 20 oz coffee talking, I dunno). "Children's Picture Book Animals" How cool is that? here's what they look like:


They are:
The Very Hungry Caterpillar ("The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle, 1969 and 1987)
Maisy ("Maisy's ABC" by Lucy Cousins, 1994 in the U.K. and 1995 in the U.S.)
Wild Thing ("Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak,1963)
Curious George ("Curious George Flies A Kite" by Margret and H.A. Rey, 1958)
Wilbur ("Charlotte's Web" by E.B. White, 1952)
Frederick ("Frederick" by Leo Lionni, 1967)
Olivia ("Olivia" by Ian Falconer, 2000)
Fox in Socks ("Fox in Socks" by Dr. Seuss, 1965)

5. Mom & Dad are working on coming up in March! This makes me SO SO SO SO happy! I can't wait to show them all the new things we have done: lights, paint, outside stuff, etc! Watching for good deals on Airtran and Delta! YEEE-HAWW!

6. Gas prices, they are DOWN! YES! I hate to speak too soon, but there is a good chance we'll be getting down below $2 a gallon. THat would be awesome since my car drinks premium fuel. It was $2.11 at our local stations last night and about $2.17 in Raleigh. Yes, I am excited about gas prices!

That's about it. I am glad that it is Friday and we've got NO plans this weekend. We are free to do whatever project strikes us. YAY FOR FRIDAY!

No comments: