Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Parent's new car

My parents finally gave in and have bought a new car for tooling around Atlanta. Presenting the new 2006 Honda Civic - from what I've seen on the 'net and from them, it is quite futuristic! We owned a 1987 Civic (my first car...) and there was nothing futuristic about it. They were tempted by the Ford Focus (no one had 2005s), the Toyota Corolla (sorry Lu, I just couldn't sell them on it - Paul and I really liked the Corolla we drove out in Arizona) and possibly the Mazda 3 (they still have a few bugs none of us were keen on). So, in sticking with what they knew, the Honda won!

But get this, they bought it WITHOUT EVER DRIVING A 2006! They did see this particular car come off the truck, peeked in the windows, BUT NEVER DROVE IT! They had it delivered to their house and completed all the paperwork in the comfort of their home. And since it is a small world, the couple that drove it knew my grandmother growing up (in Monroe, GA) and the man had worked at Conyers Honda in 1987 when we bought the first Civic. Small world...

Here's some pictures (I love the color!):
I think Dad looks pretty happy about the new car.






Compare to the 1987 Civic... (thanks for google image search... it's amazing what you can pictures of! the civic we owned was a pretty light blue with much nicer hubcaps)


No comments: