Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Moving = blah!

Moving is very exhausting. I knew this long before today, but just somehow blocked out the physical pain, mental exhaustion and disorientating effects of packing up everything in sight to move it less than a mile away and spend twice as long putting it back in place. Not to mention all the details of getting a dialtone on the phone, an internet connection and attempting to adjust the new thermostat so it's not as cold as a fridge.

My office has moved less than a mile away from our old location. We technically have more square footage, but a lot less storage and "flex" space. We no longer have a kitchen, but instead a closet where 2 mini-fridges are stacked with a microwave on top. I can no longer see natural light from my desk and thus need another lamp (I've already for 2).

I am barely unpacked since everyone else in my office needs assistance to get their things in order. Several already have every book on a shelf and pictures on the wall. I haven't even unloaded my pencil drawer. UGH. If I work late today, that will make the fourth day of insane overtime - i.e. 10+ hours with NO break. I've had some food, but I haven't sat and eaten.

I can not wait to get this place back in order, but with my co-workrers inability to move a box or plug in a computer cord, that is going to take a loooooooong while.

1 comment:

Becky said...

julie-lee!
moving sucks girl--especially when a bunch of lazy/clueless professors make you carry the load--trash! rack up that OT girl, then next week call in sick, lol!!!
hope you're doing well--i miss you! i'm sorry we haven't talked the last couple of weeks, it's been crazy, but i'll email soon!
love in slob!