Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Racing to Save Lives

Our friend and "long distance neighbor" has joined the Team in Training and is training to do a marathon, A MARATHON (as in 26 miles) in January and raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. You can visit hersite here to see her progress - GO JENNIFER!!!

From her site, "Yes it is official... I have gone crazy... I am attempting to run a marathon this January at Disney World. Most of you all know my best friend Cathy is a runner and she talked me into running with her this summer. When she began to tell me about the team in training it really struck a heart string with me. Here was my chance to not only challenge myself physically and improve my overall health, but even better I would have the opportunity to raise $3500 which will go toward a VERY WORTHY cause."

Here's a picture of Jenn and I at an airshow at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base last year. (it had been a looooooooong day, but a lot of fun). Thankfully we were on our way to eat some awesome NC BBQ at Wilbur's in Goldsboro, YUM!

No comments: