Monday, November 24, 2008

Long lost brother returns today!

My amazingly talented brother is returning to the US today after a 3 year stint in Japan. We are so excited to be spending Thanksgiving with him and my parents. We are also ecstatic that he'll be staying in the Raleigh area in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Right now I'm planning on lots of story telling, Wii playing, movie watching, eating, eating and more eating.

Right now (7:30ish am) he's in flight from Toyko to Atlanta (where my parents will pick him up). Delta airlines has a cool flight tracker thingie with details. Since I'm such a nerd I wanted to share the details of his long journey.

His current flight status - (as I blog)


He's flying on a sweet Boeing 777 - 6,831 miles over 12 hours and 15 minutes. He left Toyko at 4:30pm (local time - about 2:30am EST) and will arrive in ATL around 2:45 this afternoon!

I have to wait until Wednesday night to see him - I just can't wait!!!

3 comments:

BP said...

yay for Justin! And congrats to you Julie! I look forward to seeing all of you guys.

Justin Shaddix said...

Hey! HAha, love the blog post! I remember when my plane was in that position! I kept checking the in-flight status and thinking, "only 12 minutes have passed since I last checked...omg, we'll never get there!"

NOW I'M HERE!

See you soon!!!!

Becky said...

I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know you'll be so excited to spend time with the family!
Love in slob!