Monday, August 11, 2008

Backyard invasion!

Paul noticed my parsley plant looking a little sad last night. After closer examination, we found these invaders!



Not quite clear enough? How about now?


Ok, so it was a little stressed from all the heat last week, but they've eaten off most of the leaves! Seriously!

Pesky boogers - eating my lovingly grown from seed parsley!


And they just had to go... I cut off all of them (more than I want to count) and I 'served' them at the bird feeder. Not sure if the insect eaters will find them, but I hope they are put to good use!


They should make a nice dinner for a birdie tonight...


Speaking of birds, I got a chance to watch (and listen to) Mrs. Cardinal and some perky goldfinches. There was a gaggle of morning doves hanging around as well as a hummingbird I just couldn't get a clear picture of as he buzzed by me.

Mrs. C is hanging out in the willow tree, trying to ascertain my danger status


Sadly, our feeders were empty, sorry!


There are 2 goldfinches in this photo... can you find them?

(hint, far left and center)

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ew! Ew, bugs! I hope the birds enjoy them--I LOVE that you served them up--no mercy!
Hope the parsley recovers--it seems like a pretty hardy plant!
Love in slob!

Justin Shaddix said...

WHOA, those caterpillars are HUGE and really green!